Look at the Mayan and Mexica civilizations. Write an essay explaining in detail the weaknesses in their systems and how they attempted in some cases to overcome them. Focus on the following categories, think of politics, warfare against the Spaniards, construction, and agriculture.
(1) Use size 12 font (easy to read like Times Roman), double space, and one-inch margins (top, bottom and sides). No cover sheet. On the top of the document you must type your name and HIST 230.
(2) Essay should be between about 2.5 pages to 4 pages in length.
(3) Introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
(4) I want you to use detailed examples even if you feel that you are writing too much or getting wordy. I would rather read more than less. Focus on explaining information. Break it down. Write in organized coherent paragraphs. Be sure to answer the prompt. Do not invent your own question.
(5) Use handouts, and the notes from PowerPointed lectures. Do not use on-line or any other sources. Also, you do not have to use citations, the way you do for a research paper. Do not include parenthetical references and a works cited page (MLA style). These are not research papers. They are explanation do-at-home essays.