(1) Use size 12 font (easy to read like Times Roman), double space, and one-inch margins (top, bottom and sides). No cover sheet. On the top of the document must type your name, HIST 230.
(2) Introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
(3) You should use your spell-check. I will not check grammar on these essays. But I must be able to understand you. Try to be very clear and specific in your explanations. When writing some Spanish names or words, do not worry about accents or ñ.
(4) Tie the material together, make it relate. I want you to use detailed examples even if you feel that you are writing too much or getting wordy. I would rather read more than less. Focus on explaining information. Break it down. Write in organized coherent paragraphs. Remember that you are explaining the reasons by telling a story. And be sure to answer the prompt. Do not invent your own question.
(5) Use handouts, and the notes that you took down from my PowerPointed lectures. Do not use online or any other sources.