Review the section in your chapter about aggression in children AND peer popularity. Also review the resource found at Eyes on Bullying (Links: https://www.eyesonbullying.org/ ). Particularly, the early childhood toolkit PDF (. you can either use the link or the PDF that i attached)—-(Link: https://www.eyesonbullying.org/eyes-on-bullying-what-can-you-do/ ) that is found on the right of the screen.
Write a brief response to the following questions to upload (1-2 paragraphs, roughly 250 words)
1. In your own words, what is bullying? Where do you draw the lines, i.e. must it be physical?
2. In the Pdf it states: “Teachers in early childhood settings often overlook bullying, for a variety of reasons.” What are some of the reasons in your opinion and paraphrased form the article?
3. Briefly describe the characteristics and common outcomes of/for a bully.
4. Briefly describe the characteristics and common outcomes of. for a victim.
5. What role do bystanders play in your opinion?
6. How does peer popularity contribute to our understanding of bullying? Could you use the terms: popular, rejected, controversial, average, neglected, to expand your discussion on either the characteristics of the bully, victim and/or bystanders AND possibly expand your definition of what bullying is?
7. In the Pdf it states: “A key to success lies in advance preparation to deal effectively with bullying before, during, and after it occurs.” Choose one ‘taking charge step’ and one ‘activities for building children’s skills’ to discuss as a strategy for dealing with bullying.