The ability to communicate, interact with different cultures, and think critically is essential in the medical field. The interactive media scenario you will use for this assignment illustrates a situation that could easily arise when working in health care. To complete this assignment, access the “Allied Health Community” media link in the study materials and complete the following:
1. Click “Enter” to begin.
2. Click on the box that says “SCENARIOS.”
3. Click on “View Scenario” for the “Critical Decision Making for Providers.”
4. Examine how the described problem might happen in your facility and the impact it could have. Work through this situation by examining all of the choices presented in the scenario.
5. When you get to the end of the scenarios, one scenario will have the word “Transcultural” on the top right corner. Click on “Transcultural.” Read the scenario and answer the four questions that are provided.
While APA style is not required for this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
• Given that the patient speaks and understands very little English, what other forms of communication might be used to provide patient education?
Other forms of communication may include pamphlets written and understood in the patient language, demonstrations and the use of translation to answer and questions that the patient may have
• How would you assess if the patient understands the discharge instructions?
An assessment of the patient understanding would be asking them to explain it or demonstrate it back to you.
• How will the actions of the staff member either negatively or positively impact patient care and the patient care experience?
The actions of the healthcare worker are vitally important. The action and communication should not be delivered until there is an understanding of the patient’s needs, culture, and level of understanding.
• What ethical values or decisions did the staff member make that do not align with the patient education policy?
The staff member violated ethical codes in the sense of causing due harm to the patient and not reporting his responsibility in the event. He has withheld information (omission) that contributed to the patients hospital injury