Turnitin® enabledThis assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.
For your final assignment, you are to analyze one of the following five topics using your course readings and additional scholarly research:
1. The operation to locate Osama bin Laden and the use of Shakil Afridi.
2. The Air America operation during the Vietnam Conflict.
3. The arming of the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan.
4. Extraordinary rendition.
5. The PRISM program.
6. Enhanced Interrogation Techniques (EIT).
You may use another topic of your choosing, but you must gain my approval first. Your analysis should include a clear, non-biased thesis statement that assesses whether the actions by the intelligence agency in question were unethical or illegal or both.
Grading will be based on the attached rubric. Make sure you follow AMU’s writing policies and the Chicago writing style guide (cover page, page numbering, double space, headings/subheadings, etc). The use of required texts and readings from this course is mandatory, but you may supplement with additional academic (credible) sources. YOU MUST CITE YOUR SOURCES AND INCLUDE A BIBLIOGRAPHY. You should use a minimum of 5 scholarly sources for this assignment. This is not an opinion piece, this is an academic, research assignment.
1. Document Format.
a. MS Word document
b. One-inch (1″) margins
c. Times New Roman font
d. Twelve (12) pitch
e. Not including your title page and bibliography, this assignment should be 6-8 double-spaced pages.
f. You must use 5 scholarly sources, which must include class readings. Additional research is also required.
2. Citation Format: CMS. As stated in the Academic Integrity Briefings, information taken directly from another source must be placed in quotations and cited following the Chicago format contained in the week one “lessons” folder. You must cite all other information from your sources, even if you do not quote directly. DIRECT QUOTING SHOULD BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM (less than 15% of your paper).
3. When you are finished, upload the file under the Assignments link.
4. Late work will be penalized at 5 points per day and work more than 14 days late will not be accepted.