week 10 questions-CJ 3309
1. How would the “color of state law” standard impact the application of criminal procedure protections in private sector cases?
2. Give three specific examples of when or how private security officers would be guilty of a particular criminal offense.
3. Discuss and analyze the nature of property crime. What are its types? How have these definitions evolved? How much does the property crime phenomena involve the security industry?
4. Review the challenges of arson proof and the elements that are part of that analysis. Be specific about the requirements for meeting the burden.
5. Explain how property offense extends to more and more industries. Have the criminal codifications kept up with the expansion? Provide examples.
6. What type of policies need to be in place for review and minimization of sexual harassment and related workplace offenses?
7. Relate how the security industry is involved in the protection of the public and the maintenance of order.
8. Discuss and dissect the law of mens rea. Be thorough in your examination of its terms and definitions.
9. Analyze the five most common forms of criminal activity that security professionals will come in contact with during the course of their performance. Has there been a change in this thrust? Any new directions?
10. Project what types of property crimes will emerge in the future. Be creative and imagine the novel forms of property offenses yet to be codified.