TECHNIQUES AND PROCESS IN COUNSELLING
The purpose of this assignment is for learners to demonstrate basic listening skills that are fundamental to a counselling relationship and the core conditions of empathic understanding, respect and unconditional positive regard in real counselling sessions. In addition, learners are required to use their preferred counselling approach/theory together with the micro-skills in the five-stage interview structure.
Counselling Interview via Online Counselling.
Learners are required to:
1) To conduct at least TWO counselling sessions consecutively with the same client. The length of the sessions should be about 30 to 45 minutes MUST BE RECORDED (you may edit to hide the faces). You can use your preferable counselling approach/theory together with the micro-skills in the five stages interview structure.
2) Write transcripts of the dialogue for each counselling session.
3) The interview plan and objectives of the counselling session.
4) Write a termination summary.
5) Conclude your report by providing a reflection on which counselling techniques are/is more suitable for you as a counsellor and the reason(s) of your choice.
Please insert Table of Content.