1. establishing performance expectations, goals, standards, requirements etc.
2. measuring performance relative to performance expectations, goals, standards, requirements etc.
3. identifying gaps between the desired and actual state (problems are associated with negative gaps)
4. determining the appropriateness of the desired state (is the gap caused by an unrealistic goal)
5. determining the accuracy of performance measurement
6. map out and determine the consequences of the negative gap (is this an important problem?)
7. map out the network of immediate, intermediate and root causes of the problem
8. identifying the critical mass of manageable causes that need to be addressed in order to close and/or mitigate the gap in a significant and sustainable manner
9. identifying the critical mass of integrated actions that need to be taken in order to address the critical mass of manageable causes, and/or other key actions that will help to close or mitigate the gap in a significant and sustainable manner
10. select the best set of actions
11. organization the network of actions (project plan)
12. identifying and develop plans to address unintended consequences and resistance toward the actions that need to be taken
13. integrate the actions required to address unintended consequences and resistance into the overall project plan
14. implement the project plan, review progress and make necessary revisions
The problem-solving and decision-making process within a particular professional context requires considerable integration and application of competencies contained within multiple levels of the competency pyramid/ladder for that particular profession. Efficient and effective problem-solving requires the integration and application of both problem-solving (general work related and profession supporting competency) and profession specific competencies.
Each student is required to identify a profession related performance problem (gap between a desired state and an actual state) that existed/exists within a past or present workplace.
Present workplace: Slew Drive manufacturing company
Once you have identified a manufacturing related performance problem:
1. Send a direct message to me in either the peachy essay portal so I can send it to my professor.
2. Once my instructor gives me approval, you will complete the structured problem-solving handbook that i have put in the Dropbox.
*NOTE* every page does not have to be filled out. This is just to make it easy. Fill out what’s necessary to complete the project.
The first page he gives examples and then fill out the next pages.
*NOTE* you can also make your own handbook if its easier. He wont care.
Due date isnt until December 5th. But again, I do need a written statement of the “ profession related performance problem (gap between a desired state and an actual state) that existed/exists within a past or present workplace.” sent to me so I can send to my professor.
How much would this cost?