reflect on the relationship between lay counseling and the church as you currently perceive it. Y
ou will reflect on the relationship between lay counseling and the church as you currently perceive it. The purpose of this reflection paper is to allow you to think about the relationship between the two parties before discussing how others have approached the topic later in the course.
1. The task is to reflect on the relationship between lay counseling and the church.
2. There is no required format/content for the reflection, but if you’re having trouble getting started, you might consider the following ideas:
• How is psychology/counseling viewed by your church?
• Does the church have a mandate to provide members with counseling? What should the church be doing to meet the counseling needs of members and the community? Provide a biblical case for lay counseling if you believe there is one.
• Is it best for a church to refer member counseling needs to outside providers? Why?
• How has your experience led you to your current position on this topic? In your experience has lay counseling helped/hurt the church and its members? What are your thoughts on how the current state of lay counseling could be improved?
Although you may discuss how your church background has impacted your perceptions, this is not the place to share your personal conversion testimony.
3. Make sure that your reflection demonstrates critical thinking; it must not simply be a collection of personal stories.
4. No citations are necessary for this reflection, but feel free to incorporate Scripture.
5. You are NOT graded on your position; you ARE graded on the quality of the content.
Paper format: Please follow current APA student standards
• At least 2 pages.
• First person is allowed for this assignment.
• You must use Microsoft Word.