Philosophy of Mind and Philosophy of Science
The annotated bibliography is a list of references to books, or peer-reviewed journal articles that you will use for your Expository Essay. You are required to use our textbook and at least four (4) additional references as sources for your paper. Each of the 5 references (in APA Style) is to be followed by a 150-word descriptive or evaluative paragraph about your source, the annotation. The annotation discusses the relevance and purpose for including a specific source to prepare you to write the Expository essay in Week 4.
Add a title page to this writing assignment. Submit this paper as a Microsoft Word document using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spacing, and 1-inch margins. Number pages in the upper right-hand corner. See the template provided in Course Resources for formatting your paper.
1. Choose one of the following 3 topics:
A contemporary world problem
Clinical psychology and philosophies of mental health
Philosophy of mind and philosophy of science
2. Develop a research question(s) and a thesis statement (Week 3) that you will argue for in your Expository Essay (Week 4). Note: Your thesis statement must be related to the history and philosophy of eastern and/or western psychology using our textbook as your source and discuss comparative ideology, epistemology, and ontology.
Please remember – You are writing a paper in the history and philosophy of psychology. Your essay must have a context and basis in the literature on history and philosophy (compare the evolution of ideologies, theories, concepts, or methods). You MUST also use peer-reviewed sources (books, encyclopedias, professional journals).
3. Summarize the central theme(s) and scope of the books or articles you have chosen, why you selected them, and how they provide insight into your thesis.
4. Include one or more sentences that evaluate the background of the author(s) of the books or articles you have chosen and who their intended audience is.
5. Discuss the author’s epistemology (theory of knowledge) and ontology (theory of the nature of being/existence or worldview) as it applied to your topic and thesis.
6. Compare and contrast the sources you have chosen.
Dream interpretation is the ability to work out solutions to problems rooted in the subconscious.
Chung, M. C., & Hyland, M. E. (2012). History and philosophy of psychology. ProQuest Ebook Central https://ebookcentral.proquest.com