Students are required to complete a nutritional analysis exercise.
1. 3 pages paper plus 1 chart, 1 inch margins, 12 pt font
2. Journal your food intake for one 24 hour period
3. Use a nutrition analysis software to record your food intake and to obtain the nutrition analysis
4. Nutrition analysis should include total:
● Saturated fat
● Vitamins & Minerals:
○ Sodium mg
○ Vitamin D – IU
○ Calcium mg
○ Iron mg
○ Potassium mg
5. Reflect on your food intake
● Why did you choose the foods you did?
● How did your lifestyle/culture influence the foods you chose?
○ Convenience food
○ Studying late
○ The day you chose to log your food intake
● After completing the nutrition analysis what nutrients was your diet high in for that day? What was low?
○ Compare vitamins and minerals to the RDA
○ Compare macronutrients to the AMDR
● What could you change in your diet to improve it?
○ Did you drink enough water?
○ Eat enough fiber?
risks of deficiency, and recommended changes.
Information will be organized in a table/chart format to include: food list for 24 hours, total nutritional value of each item, and recommended daily allowance.
Students will then need to write a three page paper reflecting on their intake of foods including cultural influences and plans to improve and or maintain good nutrition.
3 pages plus 1 chart /table needed
one table format with 24 hour foods and nutritional value
three pages on reflecting on the food chosen