– Begin with an introduction with a thesis statement.
– Provide a brief history of your culture.
– Explain how your chosen culture is represented in the United States.
– Discuss whether your culture individualistic or collectivistic. Provide at least one example.
– Detail some of the artistic (art, music, architecture, dance) contributions of your culture.
– Explain some of the values of your culture. Provide at least three examples.
– Discuss your culture’s religion(s). Include name and basic belief system of at least one of the major faiths.
– Detail some of the sex and gender role differences in your culture (provide at least three examples)
– Discuss what we would need to know to acculturate into your culture. (If a past one, what would we need to do for preparing for our time machine to fit in). Provide at least one concrete suggestion.
– End with the conclusion.
Specific Paper Requirements:
– Length of paper four to six pages in length (Times New Roman; One inch margins; Font 12; Double-spaced)
– Must contain in-text citations in current APA Style
– Check your spelling and grammar
– Include a minimum of three or more credible sources (books, journal articles, magazine/newspaper articles, etc.)
– CULTURAL CONTEXT
– Represented in US
– SEX AND GENDER ROLES