Interview questions and answers
1. Describe what you see as your strengths related to this job/position. Describe an area that you would still like to grow and improve upon.
2. What are the top three job responsibilities you’ve held in your recent role? Where do you spend the majority of your time?
3. What significant contribution did you make at your most current or last company?
4. What have you done in your previous roles that has prepared you for this opportunity?
5. CO-OP is an ever-changing and exciting place to work (recent acquisitions, always new products and services, etc.)! In this environment, it is critical for the department to constantly adapt to changes as they arise.
a. Tell me about a significant change that occurred in one of your previous positions and how did you adjust to that change?
b. Explain your experience in a similar fast-paced work environment?
c. Describe a time when you were assigned a new job task. How did you adapt?
6. What avenues do you utilize to continue to grow your knowledge in your profession?
7. Tell me about a time when you had to explain technical information to a non-technical user and what methods did you use during this explanation.
8. What methodologies have you been exposed to and how in depth did you follow that methodology?
Below is the job description
Develops and maintains new and existing database systems.
Proactively pursues development opportunities, learns existing environment and processes and exhibits progress on learning plan.
Builds strong internal and external partnerships.
Actively supports strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
Creates and maintains basic to moderately complex database systems for the benefit of internal and external customers.
Assists in the development of technical database design documents.
Provides initial unit testing of all database development and enhancements with the goal of providing a stable production environment while optimized for end-user performance.
Utilizes change management software and follow all change management processes.
Builds and maintains database systems in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
Learns key processes that support the database environment. Shadows team members to learn existing processes; uses tools necessary to learn and document those processes with the goal of being able to play a role in a production support rotation.
Identifies development opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
Manages learning plan and reports on progress during one-on-ones with supervisor.
Provides after-hours and weekend support as required.
Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all