Assessment 3: Thinking, Feeling and Believing
For this assessment, you will complete a media piece and template in which you apply theories and concepts from social psychology related to biases in our thinking, the development of our beliefs, and social influence. You will also apply behavioral ethics and critical thinking concepts. Being a successful practitioner requires us to understand the importance of ethical behaviors. The behaviors we demonstrate will directly influence those we interact with on a daily basis . In addition, the behaviors of others will influence us and our professional practices. Therefore we want to ensure that we behave ethically and have a positive influence.
1. Access the Riverbend City: Thinking, Feeling and Believing Case Studies multimedia piece to choose which case study you want to focus on a nd the social psychology theory, behavioral ethics concept, and critical thinking concept you have identified as being embedded in your case study.
2. Use the Capella library to find two scholarly journal articles related to the social psychology theory you chose. You may choose to use one of the following articles as one of the two you are required to use:
* Confirmation Bias: Rajsic, J., Wilson, D. E., & Pratt, J. (2015). Confirmation bias in visual search. Journal of Experimental Psychology, 41(5), 1353-1364.
* Mere Exposure Effect: Montoya, R. M., Horton, R. S., Vevea, J. L., Citkowicz, M., & Lauber, E. A. (2017). A re-examination of the mere exposure effect: The influence of repeated exposure on recognition, familiarity, and liking. Psychological Bulletin, 143(5), 459-498.
* Halo Effect: Bradley, S. W., Roberts, J. A., & Bradley, P. W. (2019). Experimental evidence of observed social media status cues on perceived likability. Psycholoby of Popular Media, 8(1), 41-51.
3. Review the Thinking, Feeling and Believing Template you will use to write your paper.
Using the Thinking, Feeling and Believing Template:
* Summarize the case study.
* Describe credible and scholarly sources relevant to a particular theory.
* Apply a social psychological theory to a chosen case study.
* Explain how social psychological research studies relate to a particular social psychological theory.
* Apply a n ethical reasoning concept to a chosen case study.
* Apply a critical thinking concept to a chosen case study.
* Review the key points.
* Create a text in the third person, adhering to conventions of academic tone.
* Use APA-style citations and book, journal references, website, magazine, and blog posts.
* Utilize various resources including journal, books, websites, magazines or blogs.
* Written communications: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
* APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format guidelines.
* Resources: Minimum of two scholarly or professional resources.