Assessment 2: Self and Self-Control
1. Access the Riverbend City: Self and Self-Control Case Studies multimedia piece to choose which case study you want to focus on and the social psychology theory, behavioral ethics concept, and critical thinking concept you have identified as being embedded in your case study.
2. Use the Capella library to find two scholarly journal articles related to the social psychology theory you chose. You may choose to use one of the following articles as one of the two you are required to use:
* Duplex Mind: Haggar, M.S. (2013). The multiple pathways by which self-control predicts behavior. Frontiers in Psychology, 4. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00849/full
* Self-Serving Bias: Sanjuan, P., & Magallares, A. (2014). Coping strategies as mediating variables between self-serving attributional bias and subjective and subjective well-being.Journal of Happiness Studies, 15(2), 442-453.
* Self-Regulation: Critcher, C. R., & Ferguson, M. J. (2016). “Whether I like it or not, it’s important”: Implicit importance of means predicts self-regulatory persistence and success. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 110(6), 818-839.
3. Review the Self and Self-Control Template you will use to write your paper.
Once you’ve completed the interactive media piece, use the template to write your paper and submit it in the Assessment 2 area. In your paper, include the following:
* Summarize the case study.
* Describe credible and scholarly sources relevant to a particular theory.
* Apply a social psychological theory to a chosen case study.
* Explain how social psychological research studies relate to a particular social psychological theory.
* Apply an ethical reasoning concept to a chosen case study.
* Apply a critical thinking concept to a chosen case study.
* Address the appropriate audience and use discipline-specific language.
*Use APA-style citations and book and journal references.
Username: [email protected]