Assessment 1: Theories of Abnormal Behavior
There are a variety of views that postulate the causes of abnormal behavior. To begin this assessment:
* Select a theory or psychological point of view and use it to describe the cause of an abnormal behavior.
* Support your discussion of the theory with at least three resources, two of them peer-reviewed journal articles.
Potential biological points of view could include:
* Neurotransmitter or hormone imbalance.
* Genetic vulnerabilities.
Potential psychological points of view could include:
* Psychoanalytic theory.
* Ego psychology.
* Objects-relations theory.
* Classical conditioning.
* Instrumental conditioning.
* Humanistic perspective.
* Existential perspective.
* Cognitive-behavioral perspective.
Write a paper that addresses the following:
* Describe your theory in detail and how the theory views behavior in general.
* Explain how your theory describes the cause of your selected abnormal behavior.
* Compare and contrast the point of view you chose with the sociocultural viewpoint.
* How might they view the abnormal behavior similarly?
* How might they view the behavior differently?
* Describe the benefits or drawbacks to applying multiple theories to defining abnormal behavior.
References should be included and cited. Review the scoring guide prior to submission so that you address all the criteria. Use at least 3 resources, 2 must be peer-reviewed journal articles. Font must be Times New Roman, 12 point.
If the library is needed or additional assessment information for the class Abnormal Psychology :
Username: [email protected]