This is a comprehensive assignment designed to assess your knowledge of materials covered in the entire course. Your answers should draw from and look for patterns in all of the material covered in this class. Ensure your answers are written clearly and use precise and accurate historical examples to defend all of your opinions and arguments. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting, however, is not necessary. Your responses should fully answer each question, and your assignment should be at least two pages in length.
1. How did various ancient governments legitimize their authority? What methods did they use to maintain their power
and authority? How did this relate to their religion and culture? How do they relate to modern government?
2. Why did ancient societies develop stories and myths to explain their society and world? How did these stories and myths influence or reflect the design and structure of their religion, culture and society? What specific lessons or values did they teach and how do they relate to modern society?
3. What were some of the major political, cultural, religious, philosophical, economic, and/or scientific problems that ancient societies faced? How did ancient societies approach solving these problems? How do their problems and
methods to solve them compare to today?
4. While our tools and social structures have changed, have people in general changed in the last 3000 years or are we more similar to the people of the past than different? Why? What does this say about human nature?
5. What are some of the most important lessons the Ancient world can teach modern society? What are some of the most important lessons the Ancient world can teach you in your own life? Do we learn from the past or keep making the same mistakes? Why?
6. What are some different ways that ancient civilizations approached and pursued warfare? What role did warfare play in various ancient cultures? How did philosophy and technology influence and/or change ancient warfare?
7. If you had to teach one thing from this course to someone who knew nothing about Ancient history, what would you teach them and why would you teach it?